- VIA Rail’s train the Canadian travelling from Vancouver to Winnipeg
- Sleeper Plus Class or Prestige Class service aboard VIA Rail
- Historic Fort Garry Hotel
- Experience all that VIA Rail has to offer and get the most out of your 3 day rail tour
Day 1 — Vancouver / VIA Rail
Tuesday / Friday / Sunday
Arrive into the city of Vancouver and begin your rail adventure this evening with travel departing Vancouver aboard VIA Rail’s train, the Canadian in Sleeper Plus Class or Prestige Class. Whether you choose the comfort of a Sleeper Plus Class private cabin, or Prestige Class accommodations, we are confident your trip will provide you with relaxation, while experiencing all the best that VIA Rail has to offer. Overnight VIA Rail.
Day 2 — VIA Rail
Wednesday / Saturday / Monday
Begin your day with full breakfast served in the dining car. Sumptuous dining prepared by professional chefs serving exquisitely prepared meals. Your taste buds will delight in the varied and succulent offerings sure to be a memorable part of your rail experience. Enjoy spectacular views of the approaching Canadian Rocky Mountains today. This afternoon keep an eye out for Mount Robson, standing 3,954 metres (12,872 ft). Arrive into Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site late afternoon and continue on to Edmonton and into the night. Overnight VIA Rail. Breakfast, lunch & dinner aboard VIA Rail.
Day 3 — VIA Rail / Winnipeg
Thursday / Sunday / Tuesday
Relax in the privacy of your cabin accommodation, and savour the quiet time with friends, family, or new acquaintances. Meet people from all over the world, listen and share stories, a wonderful way to step away from the realities of life, unwind, and reflect. Spend time visiting the Skyline Car, or Park Car, and enjoy 360 degree viewing of the changing landscapes as you move through the wide open prairies, farmland, passing over bridges and by pristine lakes. Evening arrival into Winnipeg tonight. Overnight Fort Garry Hotel. Breakfast, lunch & dinner aboard VIA Rail.
Day 4 — Winnipeg
Friday / Monday / Wednesday
Your tour with John Steel Rail Tours ends today upon check-out from hotel. Guests can choose to fly home from Winnipeg or continue their journey with additional reservations upon request.
- 1 night accommodation in hotel
- 2 nights accommodation in VIA Rail’s Sleeper Plus Class or Prestige Class accommodations
- 6 meals — 2 breakfasts, 2 lunch, 2 dinner
- Transportation and transfers as described
- Select sightseeing, activities, and admissions as described (Seasonal Availability)
- Not included — any items not listed such as but not limited to Goods & Service Tax and/or Harmonized Sales Tax; meals (other than listed); baggage handling; gratuities; travel insurance; personal expenses; custom tour add-ons.