Travel aboard VIA Rail’s legendary train The Canadian and visit one of Canada’s most renowned National Parks, Jasper National Park.
- Jasper National Park
- Maligne Canyon Ice Walk OR Jasper Discovery Tour
- Premiere option includes the resort hotel Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Day 1 — Edmonton / VIA Rail / Jasper
Tuesday / Friday
Early morning departure aboard VIA Rail’s train The Canadian in Economy Class. Relax in your comfortable seat and watch the changing scenery as you travel west into the Canadian Rockies. Arrive into Jasper early afternoon (delays are possible) and transfer to your hotel with complimentary bellman transfer service. Overnight Jasper.
Day 2 — Jasper
Wednesday / Saturday
A morning sightseeing tour of Jasper provides an opportunity to get up close with nature. Watch for wildlife including elk, mountain goat, black bears and lynx. OR experience pristine Maligne Canyon and take part in a walk over the frozen river to magical frozen waterfalls. This evening relax with hot chocolate and spend time warming by the fireplace. Overnight Jasper.
Day 3 — Jasper
Thursday / Sunday
Take time today to visit the Jasper Yellowhead Museum and learn about the history and geology of this world UNESCO site. Overnight Jasper.
Day 4 — Jasper / Edmonton
Friday / Monday
This morning, rise early for your return transfer east. Drive through the Canadian Rockies and onwards to your destination, Edmonton, with early afternoon arrival.
If you’re looking for a round trip rail experience, ask us about our 4 or 5 night packages to Jasper.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in hotels.
- Transportation and transfers, as described.
- Select sightseeing, activities, and admissions, as described (Seasonal Availability).
- Not included — any items not listed such as but not limited to Goods & Service Tax and/or Harmonized Sales Tax; meals (other than listed); baggage handling; gratuities; travel insurance; personal expenses; custom tour add-ons.